Hi I’m Elaine.
For the longest time, my friends said I should find a way to spread my random tips about some of my favorite restaurant recommendations. So in early 2007, I finally started this blog.
I was born and raised in the San Francisco area, lived and worked in Asia, and spent 11 years as an Emmy Award nominated television (MTV Asia, CBS in San Francisco) and radio (Cumulus in the States, Metro Radio in Hong Kong) producer and writer. Then, I became a Silicon Valley marketing executive specializing in public relations and social media. I have also contributed to websites such as BlogHer, HeardAbout, SheKnows, and KQED’s Bay Area Bites.
These days, my most important job is as a mom to two amazing young girls. This blog has evolved a lot over the years. These days, it reflects my love of food and sharing it with awesome people, traveling and exploring new places, crafting with my kids, and finding great bargains on exceptional things.
To contact me directly about sponsorship, product reviews, or general inquiries, please go to my Facebook page and leave me a message on my wall.
Just some facts about me…
– Number one pet peeve: BAD SERVICE (retail or restaurants). It’s just plain unacceptable.
– I’m not allowed to drink. Period. Doctor’s orders. My heart can’t take it, seriously.
– Yellow cheese DOES NOT belong on a pizza.
– My preference is more savory than sweet. It’s just the way I’m built. But if you give me a slice of pie, all bets are off.
– I’m a lifelong Jacques Pepin fan. Nobody does it better, my friends.
– I’m game to try lots of different foods. But there are three I hate (despite repeated efforts): coconut, okra, and lamb.
Thanks for stopping by. 🙂