Hi I’m Elaine.
I don’t eat to live, I live to eat. So much so, I consider it a hobby.
For the longest time, my friends said I should find a way to spread my random tidbits of food and restaurant news. So in early 2007, I finally started this blog. 7+ years later, I’m still here and am also a contributing writer for BlogHer, KQED’s Bay Area Bites, and HeardAbout SF
I was born and raised in the Bay Area, lived and worked in Asia, and spent 10+ years in television (MTV Asia, CBS in San Francisco) and radio (Cumulus) as a producer, writer, and correspondent, and was lucky enough to receive a few Emmy Award nominations in the process.
These days I’m a wife, mom, marketing and communications executive, freelance writer, social media consultant, bargain shopper, fashion victim, and food lover.
Some foodie facts about me:
– Number one pet peeve: BAD SERVICE (retail or restaurants). It’s just plain unacceptable.
– I’m not allowed to drink. Period. Doctor’s orders. My heart can’t take it, seriously.
– Yellow cheese does not, I repeat, DOES NOT belong on a pizza.
– I don’t go crazy over bacon, chocolate or ice cream. And I’m definitely not a fan of lamb, okra, coffee or sweet potatoes. I’ve tried.
– I’d take a bag of potato chips over a piece of cake any day. Never had much of a sweet tooth.
– I don’t watch the Food Network anymore. I just can’t do it. Giada’s cleavage is too distracting, Rachael’s lack of taste is disturbing and Sandra’s absence of skill is downright insulting. And why does Guy keep yelling at me?…
– I’m a fast food, junk food and fried food junkie (country fried steak, fried artichokes, fried zucchini and fried pickles being at the top of that heap).
– I’m game to try lots of different foods. But there are three I hate (despite repeated efforts): coconut, okra, and lamb.
– As you can tell, I have an opinion (and a potty mouth to match).
Thanks for stopping by. :)