Hi I’m Elaine.
I don’t eat to live, I live to eat.
For the longest time, my friends said I should find a way to spread my random tidbits of food and restaurant news. So in early 2007, I finally started this blog. 7+ years later, I’m still here and am also a contributing writer for BlogHer, KQED’s Bay Area Bites, HeardAbout SF, and SheKnows Media.
I was born and raised in the Bay Area, lived and worked in Asia, and spent 10+ years in television (MTV Asia, CBS in San Francisco) and radio (Cumulus in the States, Metro Radio in Hong Kong) as a producer and a writer. I was even lucky enough to receive a few Emmy Award nominations along the way.
These days I’m a wife, mom, marketing and communications executive, food and lifestyle writer, social media advisor, shopaholic, fashion victim, and I am passionate about good food. I just love the experience of food and sharing it with awesome people.
Some foodie facts about me:
– Number one pet peeve: BAD SERVICE (retail or restaurants). It’s just plain unacceptable.
– I’m not allowed to drink. Period. Doctor’s orders. My heart can’t take it, seriously.
– Yellow cheese does not, I repeat, DOES NOT belong on a pizza.
– My preference is more savory than sweet. It’s just the way I’m built. But if you give me a slice of pie, all bets are off.
– I don’t watch the Food Network anymore. I just can’t do it. Giada’s cleavage is too distracting. And why does Guy keep yelling at me? I’m a lifelong Jacques Pepin fan. Nobody does it better, my friends.
– I’m a fast food, junk food and fried food junkie (country fried steak, fried artichokes, fried zucchini and fried pickles being at the top of that heap).
– I’m game to try lots of different foods. But there are three I hate (despite repeated efforts): coconut, okra, and lamb.
– As you can tell, I have an opinion (and a potty mouth to match).
Thanks for stopping by. :)